This is a common need, since you may have installed SpiraTest, SpiraPlan, SpiraTeam, or KronoDesk on a workstation to evaluate its capabilities and now need to install it on a production server for real use, but you don't want to lose all your existing data.
To migrate your installation and not lose your data, please follow these steps (they are written using SpiraTeam as an example, but they apply to SpiraTest, SpiraPlan, or KronoDesk, you just need to change the database name in the examples below):
- First backup the live data on your demo instance of SpiraTeam via SQL Server Management Studio
- Next make a copy of the Attachments folder that is used to store document attachments.
- Now install a clean version of the same version of SpiraTeam onto your production instance. When you log in it will have just the sample data.
- Now delete the 'SpiraTeam' database on your live server. This is the one with just the sample data
- Now restore the backup from the demo box onto the live server with the database name 'SpiraTeam'.
- Now copy the attachments that you backed-up in step (2) to the Attachments folder on the new server.
- Finally run the following SQL command to relink the SpiraTeam SQL Server login with the SQL Server user (otherwise the DB will throw an error):
- Using SQL Server Authentication
EXEC sp_change_users_login 'Update_One', 'SpiraTeam', 'SpiraTeam'
- Using Windows Authentication on Windows 2003/2008/Vista/7
ALTER USER SpiraTeam WITH LOGIN = [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE]
- Using Windows Authentication on Windows XP
ALTER USER SpiraTeam WITH LOGIN = [MACHINENAME\ASPNET]
Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk
And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885